One of the most important aspects of our work at Sterling & Beanland is helping our clients get the most out of their business as possible, financially speaking, when it comes to paying tax. It is almost inevitable that the idea of ‘tax avoidance’ stirs up uncomfortable emotions for most business owners, particularly with high profile imbroglios such as the Paradise Papers making regular appearances in the media. However, at Sterling & Beanland, we believe that not only is it important to be fully aware of the limitations of your tax obligations, but it is even irresponsible as a business owner to pay more than you have to by law if you approach these obligations in an ethical and common-sense manner, as we encourage all our clients to do.
- minimise your tax liability;
- optimise your tax position;
- help you understand available tax relief, tax losses and deferment opportunities;
- ensure you do not fall short of any CTSA deadlines and file your returns correctly on your behalf, thereby avoiding penalties;
- represent you with the tax authorities.